Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Furniture Redo

So I got this nightstand at the Goodwill for $4.99!!!! It looks like someone tried to paint it and didn't do well. So I fixed it!!!! One mans trash is another woman's treasure!


The paint was scratching off supper easily which tells me that it was never primed..... And all the yellow paint came off soooooooo quick!

I just used my little mouse sander and a medium sand paper. I didn't want to dig too far into the fake wood. ;)
{via}
I painted one coat of KILZ primer. I don't always prime, but since this was a fake wood piece and the wood grain was a sticker..... I wanted to make sure my coats of paint didn't scratch off!

Then I added some of this awesome stuff to my latex paint. (I used some left over BEHR paint, swiss coffee color)

{via}
This makes your brush strokes lay flat. I love this stuff. I use it for painting doors, nightstands and all sorts of little projects. (just follow the instructions on the bottle for adding this to your paint)

I painted two coats of paint and added some cute hardware that I got from Home Depot for $7.00. I think it's hilarious that my hardware costed more than the nightstand itself. 

And here are my results!

I couldn't be happier. It was a simple project and it looks so bright and clean now. Thank you Goodwill fairies!!!!!

Here it is again:

That's my fun re-do! I'd love to see yours!
Love ya! 
Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...