Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

On the way to a Dream

 
{via}
This is making me smile.

My husband and I had HUGE dreams. We still do!
Our journey to sunny AZ has been a fast, turbulent, weird and blessed one! We thought we were on our way to Australia for a school in film, we had spent the last two years getting our biblical perspective and we thought we were on our way to making culturally relevant evangelical films for different cultures that have yet to be reached with the Good News!! And had we been in Australia, we would have had quick access to the rest of Asia to make this happen!
{via}

Instead our funds dried up. We didn't make much to begin with, but after I lost my side job, we were defiantly NOT making ANYTHING. Let me just say when you can't afford to pay your rent of $550 (which included meals) your in a financial crisis!

So we did the only thing that made any sense. We left our dreams to find jobs. I mean HELLO!!! We have a child to care for! We had to do this!  And since our Bible School was in Los Angeles, we figured we'd go to the closest city that had family and friend connections, and we also happened to love, PHOENIX!

{via}

So we've been here ONE YEAR!!!! And we are working and doing well in a rough economy! We have a place to live, food to eat, clothes to wear and we are debt free. God has been good to us. And although we aren't where we thought we'd be at this time, I'm dreaming again about the possibilities.

So If I try to locate myself in this saying,
 
{via}

I think I'm still getting lost from my old dream. I still haven't found the new one. But I am an object in motion, thank the Lord for that!


Love ya!
Bridgette

2 comments:

  1. Bridgette!
    You are awesome! I didn't know you had a blog - love it! So inspiring - that you are evaluating your life, doing projects, seeking dreams. Please keep it up, I'm excited to see where it takes you, and what I learn from you :)
    Love you,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bri, thanks for sharing your heart! You are fulfilling your purpose and being blessing just where you are! That's not to say there is something more later but that you are doing good and I'm sure God is pleased by the choices you've made. He knows your and David's heart better than anyone and His plans are perfect. Right now you are growing, you are creating a stronger foundation for yourselves and sweet Em. You are strengthening your already firm faith in Christ. Just know that God is still preparing things we can not see or know so when your time comes you won't know what hit ya! (in a good way) :-) We love you guys and continue to pray for ya'll. Keep it comin' girl!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...