Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I'm a Horse with Blinders

What I mean by that is this:

When things get frustrating, tough, or I feel stuck,
this is what I do...

{source}


Instead of doing this...

{source}
Neither one is better than the other, both options avoid or ignore the issues bothering them.
I've realized that I'm the horse with blinders... I just keep plowing ahead, pretending that the stuff I can't see isn't there. Much like burring my head in the sand... except then I wouldn't be able to move.... and I'd much rather have my baggage on wheels, at least then I have the illusion of freedom.

I'm having one of those seasons. One where I am sucking it up and carrying on. I do realize that life isn't always what you want or expect. And how you deal with that is the true test of your character.

{source} also on my board at {Pinterest}

So here's my situation now:
I wish, wish, wish, I could work from home, then I could be with my daughter again. Since we moved to Arizona I haven't been able to work from home. And I really miss it. At the same time I really am so thankful for my job and the opportunity that God has brought me! But it doesn't change the fact that my heart longs to be at home, with my daughter, on my own time, and free to be creative and also provide for my family.

So this is where I become an adult. I do the things that I need to in order to raise a family, because it's better for the good of others. That's called being responsible. At least to me anyway.

I do think it's possible to make the choice to be responsible and NOT wear the blinders. I know I haven't found this balance yet and all to often I find my self without peripheral vision, bull-dozing down the street with fancy wheeled baggage. I guess I just plow along until the scenery changes. But that can't be good either.

{source} also on my board at {Pinterest}
So in light of the question above. I decided to have fun with my daughter and my husband, and to find the good in this season of tough. I'm keeping my chin up, and choosing to keep my peripheral vision intact. I'm thankful for the provision the Lord has brought my way and I'm going to learn to be content. I still have a drive and passion for all things creative, but I will do the responsible parts with a happy heart. That's the difference!!!!

And I seriously love this picture. Chin up and Dance!

{source} also on my board at {Pinterest}


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...